When product team talks about a requirement, they usually want to know requirement hierarchy and test case information along with requirement details. synapseRT offers 'Requirements' and 'Test Cases' sections inside requirement issue as a solution for this.
Requirements section displays the related parent requirement and the immediate child requirements, this simple tree representation helps quickly understand how the requirement is decomposed.
Test Case section displays the related test cases to the requirement. On further expansion of each test case, you can track to the execution level details of the test case for the requirement.
[Illustration - Requirement Hierarchy & Test Case Coverage]
Build requirement hierarchy and create test case associations:
- Create Parent Requirement: It takes you to 'Create Issue' screen, once the requirement creation is done, the requirement will present as a parent requirement for the current one.
- Create Child Requirement: It takes you to 'Create Issue' screen, once the requirement creation is done, the requirement will present as a child requirement for the current one.
- Link Parent Requirement: It will link any existing requirement as a parent requirement for the current one, please note that only one parent requirement is allowed.
- Link Child Requirement: It will link any existing requirement/s as child requirement/s for the current one, please note that multiple child requirements are allowed.
- Requirement Tree: It shows the entire tree structure (all levels) of related requirements.
- Remove Requirement from Hierarchy: It breaks down parent/child relations for that particular requirement.
- Create Test Case: It takes you to 'Create Issue' screen, once the test case creation is done, the test case will be associated to requirement automatically.
- Link Test Case: It will link any existing test case/s to current requirement issue.
- Remove Test Case: It breaks down test case association to current requirement issue.
- Execution Result: It shows execution results of the associated test case.
The requirement traceability matrix presents requirements and their associated test cases, along with test results from each test plan and test cycle.
[Illustration - Requirement Traceability Matrix]
In addition to the features mentioned above, you can also explore more features at the Atlassian Marketplace.
For a detailed user guide, open our user guide.
For an interactive demo, book a demo.
For support, contact our service desk.
For more information about synapseRT, contact us.